nurse

info

entries

garden

About the Shippesnburg Civic Club

The Civic Club was organized in 1911 with the objective to develop the educational and civic interest of its members and to advance the welfare of the community. Initially the club met in homes, churches, the YMCA or any available space. At a meeting in 1920 a motion was made that receipts from a November rummage sale be set aside as a beginning of a clubhouse fund. The Club currently has 92 members, many of whom are very active in the various Committees that make up the Club. The Court House Committee has the responsibility for the preservation and maintenance of the Court House and its antique furnishings. Court House Docents also provide tours during the year with an Open House each month from May through December. Private tours may be arranged by contacting the Civic Club of Shippensburg.

The Garden Committee maintains the gardens and grounds surrounding the building and also provides tours to individuals and groups.

There are six regular meetings of the club during the year - the Program Committee was established to select and present programs which represent the interest of the membership. The Public Relations Committee prepares news releases to inform the community of the club activities.

Ways and Means committee plans and carries out events that will provide financial support for the various club projects. The Welfare Committee plans and directs welfare activities for the Club.

Cross and Crown