nurse

info

entries

garden

Old Court House Information

In 1926, a Mr. Freidinger, working at the News-Chronicle, saw an ad for the sale of property at the intersection of King and Queen Streets in Shippensburg. He visited several local businessmen in an attempt to preserve this historic house and on September 9th the News Chronicle reported the public sale of the property for $2,900 to the directors of the Beistle Company. The structure was built in 1735 by Samuel Perry and was used as his family dwelling. In 1750 Cumberland County was formed and the tavern building was used as the official court house from 1750-1751.

Tours are given the second Sat. of the month in May, June, July, Sept. through Dec. from 1-4 p.m.  For private group tours, call 532-5978.

Cross and Crown